Fortuitous Partners is an investment firm that invests in real estate developments and operating businesses, particularly in sports anchored mixed use real estate projects. The principals of Fortuitous have decades of experience in real estate, public and private company operations, private equity, fund management, and tax incentive counsel.
About Brett Johnson
Brett M. Johnson, Fortuitous Partners, Founder and Principal, is also co-chairman and shareholder of Phoenix Rising Football Club (PRFC), the current Regular Season Champion in the USL Championship Division. In three short years, PRFC has revitalized professional soccer in Phoenix with consistent sell-out crowds, a North American soccer record of 20 consecutive wins and a Western Conference Championship trophy. Fortuitous Partners, which has the exclusive rights to bring a USL Championship League team to Rhode Island, are excited to bring the same level of enthusiasm, community engagement and performance to Pawtucket that the fans in Phoenix have enjoyed.
Mr. Johnson has roots in Rhode Island going back to his undergraduate education at Brown University and is excited to bring professional soccer and a $300 million private investment to the state.
Fortuitous Partners Team
In addition to Brett Johnson, the following partners were founders of the firm:
Berke Bakay, Co-founder, Partner
- B.S. & M.S., Carroll School of Management, Boston College
- Principal Owner / Co-Chairman, Phoenix Rising Football Club
- Member, Young Presidents Organization (YPO)
- Board Member, MRI Mexican Restaurants
- Advisory Board Member, MyPark
Eric Glass, Co-founder, Partner
- B.S., Ivy College of Business, Iowa State University
- M.B.A., Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (inactive)
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
The Fortuitous team also includes Steven A Betts, a senior advisor to the PHX Rising and Fortuitous Fund. He has developed communities throughout the Mountainwest as well as large-scale office, industrial, retail and mixed use urban projects in metropolitan Phoenix. James Lang, Esq., a senior advisor to Fortuitous, specializes structuring in tax strategies that optimize the beneficial impacts for communities and return for investors.